Sunday, October 20, 2013

Peyton is Back in Indy

I hate to say, " I told ya so" but in my post from last night I told you that I'd be writing here more often.  So here I am.  And what better subject to talk about today than Peyton's return to Indy.

Unfortunately for Colts fans, that return comes in an orange jersey.  In all fairness, I'm a Cowboys fan.  So let's get that disclaimer out of the way.  But I think this return is being blown way out of proportion.



First of all, there's a reason we didn't renew Peyton's contract.  People forget about that because he's having such a great year this year.  But that's this year.  Luck is the Colts' Quarterback of the future - the next Peyton.  And he's just as much a class act as #18.

So if you're a Colts fan - be a Colts fan.  Trading players, cutting players, not renewing contracts - it's all part of the business.  At the end of the day, it's a football game and nobody should really care this much about the topic.  I mean, look at all the blogs about the subject... Oh...this is a blog about the subject?  #Awkward

I guess maybe it does go beyond the field.  Peyton brought economic progress to the city.  He also did tons of stuff for charity in Indy, which I'm sure he continues to do in Denver.  He's a classy dude.  But aren't you supposed to root for your team

If you want to be loyal to the guy as he continues/finishes up his career across the country, that's fine.  As I said before, he's a class act so there's really only 1 reason I can think of to root against he guy.  And that's when he is lining up on the other side of the field.  I don't own a Colts jersey or any other jersey for that matter.  But you better believe if I had a choice, I'd be wearing a blue #12 jersey tonight.

Peyton - I like you.  But I hope for 3 hours tonight, things don't go your way.  Indy can go back to rooting for you again tomorrow.

I wonder what will happen tomorrow after Peyton kicks our ass?

No comments:

Post a Comment